Level: C Level & Managers
Duration: Short Term and Long Term Courses
Programme: Professional Certification
Every day, CEOs and other top executives are targeted with articles spewing the latest technology buzzwords such as “Cloud”. Cloud computing is an information technology (IT) paradigm, a model for enabling ubiquitous access to shared pools of configurable resources such as computer networks, servers, storage, applications and services. These resources can be rapidly provisioned with minimal management effort, often over the Internet. Cloud computing allows users and enterprises with various computing capabilities to store and process data either in a privately-owned cloud, or on a third-party server located in a data center – thus making data-accessing mechanisms more efficient and reliable or in a hybrid cloud where partial data is is stored in the private -loud and partial data in public cloud. The main benefit of Cloud computing relies on sharing of resources to achieve coherence and economy of scale, similar to a utility.
Cloud environments have changed the way many companies do business. Startups can get to market faster with a lower barrier to entry than traditional environments have generally allowed. Existing companies can execute faster and with more financial resources once they make the transition. Let’s take a look at how the Cloud can benefit CEOs and other executives
Who Should Attend ?
- The following roles within global banking, retail banking, building societies, management consultancies, Government, professional services, asset management, legal, Police. SME, Startups.
- Managers who need to prepare for disruptive innovations and challenges coming out of the Cloud.
- Managers and project directors who need to better understand
- Heads of strategy and innovation.
9am-1pm: Morning Session
• What is cloud computing – NIST definition
• How is Cloud different from Traditional Computing
• Cloud deployment models – IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Private, Public, Hybrid
• Global Cloud providers: AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, Ali Cloud
• Comparing Cost of Cloud vs Cost of on premise computing
• Security Considerations
• Regulatory Considerations
• Considerations for cross border data transfers
• Decision time – what steps should I take
- Develop a high-level understanding of Cloud computing
- Understanding the different types of cloud Private, Public and Hybrid
- Understanding of cost and scaling
- Gain insights into technologies that are being offered on cloud
- SasS, PasS, IaaS
- Learn how to prepare yourself for the changes