Level: C Level & Managers
Duration: Short Term and Long Term Courses
Programme: Professional Certification
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
Now, with the booming growth of the Internet of Things, the advent of the Fourth Industrial Revolution is in sight. During a recent keynote presentation at the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Wireless Communications and Networking Conference in San Francisco, California, Marcus Weldon, president of Bell Labs and Nokia chief technology officer, said, “We’re on the verge of a new industrial revolution. But it’s not driven by consumers. It’s going to be around industrial transformation that consumers benefit from.” He gave the example of an advanced wearable device that could deliver “medically meaningful,” data. “If that were possible, then, in fact, what I have is a healthcare service. I think of that as an industrial service, healthcare, leveraging a consumer device. We’re entering an era where industry is going drive and consumers benefit.”
Who Should Attend ?
- Manufacturing Executives and Decision Makers who want to understand the “WHAT” and learn “HOW” IOT will make them more efficient and increase revenues.
- Builders and SME who want a general overview of IOT
- Heads of strategy and innovation
- Project leads
- Evolution of industry 4.0
- Current status
- IOT – communication, backbone, protocols etc
- What should you be doing now to be Industry 4.0 ready
- Cybersecurity issues
- Smart solutions in you company and industry
- Decision time – what steps should I take
- Develop a hands-on understanding of IOT
- Understand the evolution of industry 4,0 and where it is going
- Understand the uses of IOT
- Gain insights into technologies that are changing how we live today
- Learn how to prepare yourself for the changes that are underway